Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Black Eyed Pea Dip

Well, I don't know about everyone else but I really dislike black eyed peas. Like many people my mother always made me eat at least 1 every new years so I have maintained that tradition as an adult.....1 pea!! That is until I found this recipe. It makes something I dislike into something I really enjoy. I made it last night to rave reviews from everyone. The texture and taste that rivals a great homemade bean dip while the kick it gives leaves you wanting more. Enjoy!!

1 can black-eyed peas
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup sour cream
8 jalapeno slices, chopped
1 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
6 tbsp salsa
1 tsp. Choula hot sauce
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain black eyed peas and pour into bowl. Mash peas with fork leaving a few chunks. Add all other ingredients into mashed peas and stir well to combine and spread all the spices and sauce.

Spread mixture into pie dish and back for 30 minutes or until brown on top. Serve with Tortilla Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment