Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cherry Cobbler

Well, I hate to admit it, but I HATE cherries and to be honest I am not very fond of pies at all due to the texture of the filling......(I know, I know........it is one of those things where people look at me funny since I am from the south and I don't like pie OR iced tea.....CRAZY, I know!!) But, every year I make the birthday dessert for one of my co-workers (since her birthday is the week before mine and she makes mine...seems only fair...right?!?) and her favorite thing is cherry pie filling......

Since I don't touch the stuff, every year I try to find a new recipe or make up something that uses the filling to create a dessert she will love. Last year I made the Streusel muffins with cherry pie filling in the center and a sugar drizzle so this year we are going chocolate!! I hope it turns out ok at work tomorrow.....cross your fingers for me :)




Ingredients:
1 can cherry pie filling
1 pkg (16.5) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 block Philadelphia cream cheese
1 egg
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 C flour
1/3 C Sugar

Dump cherry pie filling into 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 glass dish. Add 1/4 tsp almond extract and mix well.

With electric mixer, whip cream cheese, the remainder of the almond extract, vanilla extract, flour and sugar till smooth and spreadable.

Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cherry filling in dish.

Cut cookie dough in thin slices and place evenly on top of cream cheese mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until cherries are bubbling and cookies are beginning to brown.

Serve with vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment