Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lemon Sugar Scrub


This year I decided to try out the phenomenon of making your own body scrub.......ok, well maybe it isn't a phenomenon, but I have heard it a lot this year.  I figured how hard can it be??  I can try this out and I LOVE lemon scents in the kitchen  so I am going to start with that.

Guess what?.........
It turned out AWESOME!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

Here is how I did it:

- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2.5 cups plain white sugar
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vitamin E Oil


Mix oil and sugar together in bowl.  Add in the lemon juice and zest and mix again.  Then add in the Vitamin E Oil Last.  Stir together until well mixed.  Add extra oil if needed for desired consistency.
I put in these cute jelly jars.  It actually filled 6 of them with one batch, so it was pretty easy to finish up the dozen jars I got.  You could get some jars a little bigger and just use 6.
(I know, I know.......ingenious and you never would have thought of that, right).

I put a little tag on top with the ingredients as well as storage requirements. 
(It last 2-3 months if stored in the refrigerator.   Try to keep water out of it when using)

Now go get to scrubbin'................just kidding.  No seriously, scrub away!!
(I made my husband try this and even he thought it was amazing and made his hands really soft, although he will never admit it if asked!)

Here is a link to the template I made for the tags:
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15xw62ud49r4ss/Sugar%20Scrub%20Tag%20Template%20-%20Blog.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment