Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Personalized Tile Coasters

Some friends and I decided to have a DIY party to make a few Christmas gifts this year.  We settled on tile coasters as the project and set out to purchase everything in October.  Yes, I said October.......we are proactive like that........except that we didn't actually get together to make them until December 13th...ugh!

In order to make them we purchased some travertine tiles from Home Depot. 
 They are only $3.67 for a 9 pack so we bought a few to make it an even group with sets of 4.

We got the stamps online and at JoAnns (Fun full page ones for every other tile and then some cute flourish ones with small letters.  We opted for the clear cling stamps so we could see what we were doing during the process, but any stamps will do!)

This is the H on the small acrylic block
 (upside down for some reason - I guess I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing).
Here is my finished product of my 4 sets of tiles.

After stamping with StazOn stamp pad that uses permanent ink, we rubbed a layer of finishing wax to seal the tiles and prevent condensation from cups to soak in.

Also, small felt pads were put on each corner of the bottom (I forgot to take a picture of that part).

We then tied them up with some red tulle (for a little flair)

To finish it off, I made tags for each set that said "We hope you COAST through the holidays with Faith, Joy & Cheer.  Merry Christmas - The Hawkins"

I really loved the way they turned out and I can't to make more for other occasions that may come up where I am in need of a quick adorable gift!



We got the idea from the adorable Huckaby's Happily Ever After blog. 
You can view her original post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment